Can't sleep

Finished the cardigan yesterday. It is a little small. but I learned so much knitting this sweater. I made it 3/4 length sleeves instead of full length - on purpose :) I am not afraid of most any pattern anymore after doing this. Having to set in sleeves, doing the mattress stitch, lots of increasing/decreasing and counting. I just don't like the looooong patterns (you know, knit2 purl 2 ribbing for 90 rows!!! that is crazy-ola!!) . This one was quite lengthy. But worth it. It is satisfying and it is not too small to wear, just coulda made more room for myself - HA! Will have to make is look fashionable -- somehow -- help from Kathy?


Hip To Knit Cardigan in Deco Ribbon Posted by Hello


Started a tank top - the Spring Fling Tank at Blue Blog patterns. I am using some worsted weight yarn from Frankfortave (colorado river). It was very inexpensive. I bought 6 skeins. I have to make pattern adjustments as this tank is 34" around. I am more like 38, unfortunately. Broad shoulder, ya know :) Instead of casting on 68 stitches at 2.5st/inch like in the pattern, I am casting on 152 st at 4 st/inch to make for a 38" circomference. I hope this is right. I have frogged it a coupla times because I refuse to admit in my tiny little mind that I need 152 st. but I think I do. If not I can gift it, but I really want to make some cute tanks, tunics for spring.

I frogged the Apr 6 tank that I was knitting of my own design. I LOVE that yarn, but I am having a hard time figuring out what to make with that slippery-ass rayon .. I sorted thru all my yarn - again, took note of the needles that I have recently acquired and put on my needle tracker, cleaned out knitting bags from last week. I need a knitting room !!

Watched some tivo'd episodes of knit one/purl two yesterday evening. I really like that show. Has some stars on it and it is very casual. Learned about the feather and fan stitch - which I now LOVE!!

I dreamed about knitting last night. Could not sleep ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Pretty, Love

Cleo

Clapotis Done !!