How Pretty, Love

This weekend I got a chance to work on the hairpin lace shrug from the Berocco catalog. It is really beautiful (in the catalog) - don't know what mine will turn out to be... Each panel has 186 loops per side and three loops hooked to each panel. It is wonderful watching this THING come together. I love the HPL look.

Here are the first five panels crocheted together. I think it might turn out to be quiet beautimous after all. I have only one more panel to go before I can finish it up and be done. What the hell am I waiting for ??


Five panels on my first hairpin lace shrug Posted by Hello

Here is the finished product. I have actually worn it and washed it and THEN took this picture. It washed well. I don't normally like to wash my projects - I know dumb, but I get scared! But I partied like it was 1999 in this shrug last Friday and it it got a little dirty - from what, I don't freaking know. But it shrunk a little and I actually like the fit better now. I love this pattern. It is beautiful !!!


Arm of hairpinlace shrug Posted by Hello


close-up of arm of hairpin lace shrug Posted by Hello

Comments

Anonymous said…
Karen, your hairpin lace is beautiful. Reminded me of a scarf and beret my sister made me many years ago. How long did it take to finish this project?
Anonymous said…
I am replying on my own blog because this post was anonymous. I am real bad about timing my projects since I usually have several going at once, but I think this took me probably about 4 - 5 hours total to complete. I worked on it over a week's time or so.
Anonymous said…
Karen: Your hairpin lace shrug is absolutely gorgeous. Essie from Australia

Popular posts from this blog

Cleo

Clapotis Done !!